Android Phones will now transform into Game Boy
The video game storm has influenced our lives to the point that it has overtaken pretty much everything. Mobile gaming has changed means past the period of time playing with a few rounds of a snake to the present smart phone. But still serious gamers don’t take these smart phones’ games as a good upshot. Although the touch screen controls still aren’t as quick to respond as compared to the old hard buttons Game boys and Game Pads.
To cater this problem, many new innovations in this field hit the market. These gadgets involve plug and play devices with your smart phone. Last year, Hyperkin launched an innovative addition in gadgetry by introducing a smart phone accessory, which allows users to play typical Game Boy games on android phones without compromising on speed and other latency factors.
Although this was initially shown as a prank, but now the company has taken this seriously. This means the concept of normal android phone will be turned into a Game Boy will soon turn into a reality. Hyperkin is working on the development of the Smartboy Developer Kit, which includes Game Boy and Game Boy Color cartridges from Nintendo. This gadget will be connected to Android phone via USB and will provide a handheld console through tactile buttons.
- Open source serial app and firmware
- Compatible with GB and GBC cartridges
- Classic handheld-style tactile button set
- Designed for Android smartphones
- Double-sided micro USB port
Specs for Devs:
- Atmel 90USB646
- NTSC/PAL cart compatible
- Phone Size: 5in-6in
- SmartBoy Serial App Access for Mounting and Controller mapping
- 4.4.4 Android KitKat OTG minimum OS requirement
Initially they are planning to launch the open source serial app and firmware of the product, to encourage further development and enhancement by the experts. It will allow developers a chance to move ahead the current build to a new level.
Latest posts by mary (see all)
- How to Restore Deleted Photos on Your iPhone or iPad - July 2, 2016
- Android Phones will now transform into Game Boy - June 29, 2016
- How Sony PlayStation VR will be better than Oculus Rift - June 20, 2016